ΠΡΟΣΚΛΗΣΗ ΕΡΓΑΣΙΩΝ: 3 Φεβρουαρίου 2017
ICALT2017, Track 15: Augmented Reality and Virtual Worlds in Education and Training
July 3-7, 2017, Timisoara, Romania, http://icalt.elearning.upt.ro
Track Program Chairs
- Tassos A. Mikropoulos, University of Ioannina, Greece (firstname.lastname@example.org) [Co-coordinator]
- Ignacio Aedo, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain (email@example.com)
- Christian Gütl, Graz University of Technology, Austria (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Morris S. Y. JONG, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (email@example.com)
Track Description and Topics of Interest
Virtual Reality (VR) technologies have become a powerful and promising tool in education and training because of their unique technological characteristics that differentiate them from the other ICT applications. Multi User Virtual Environments (MUVEs) or otherwise Collaborative Virtual Environments (CVEs) find their place in education and collaboration happens between participants and between participants and computerized residents. Augmented Reality (AR) educational settings appear especially in mobile devices.
Educational virtual environments and worlds have shown their potential in the understanding of concepts and in rejecting students’ misconceptions. Moreover, both students and teachers share a positive attitude towards the use of virtual reality in educational settings. A systematic effort and more empirical studies are needed in order to show how the affordances of virtual environments and worlds as well as augmented reality systems can be pedagogically used.
To respond the increasing demands of exploiting virtual reality in educational settings, the Track on Augmented Reality and Virtual Worlds in Education and Training (ARVWET@ICALT2017) invites researchers and practitioners to submit original research work in the following topics:
- Virtual and Augmented Reality pedagogy and learning design
- Virtual Worlds learning infrastructures
- Socio-cultural perspectives and implications of education in Virtual Worlds
- Virtual Worlds for self-directed learning/training
- Virtual Worlds for collaborative and socio-constructivist learning/training
- Virtual labs and simulations for science learning
- Virtual environments on certain learning domains
- Virtual World integrated MOOCs
- Virtual Worlds and Augmented Reality in informal learning (e.g., museums, libraries, academic support services, student societies/guilds, careers, alumni, marketing and recruitment)
- Virtual reality and special needs education
- Virtual Worlds, Augmented Reality and serious games for teaching and learning
- Cross Reality environments for learning.